Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Will You Be My Valentine [Free Agent]?

On this day last year, I introduced a post for Valentine's day in which I made my admiration known for three certain players, all of which I hoped would come to the Chiefs when free agency rolled around. Unfortunately, two of those players (Vincent Jackson and LaMarr Woodley) were franchised and never able to accept my valentine. One, however, did and I have to believe my valentine invitation was one of the reasons Steve Breaston came to the Kansas City Chiefs.

This year, I will concentrate my persuasive powers of love on a new group of players and hopefully Cupid's arrow will strike into the heart of the players I mention. It's the holiday for unabashed love, so I'm sending mine to these following players:

I hope you sure up my heart like you have the interior of the Saints offensive line since you were drafted there in 2008 Carl Nicks. You're a back-to-back All Pro and a two-time Pro Bowler, but I would never two-time on you with Ryan Lilja if you came over. At only 26 years old, I could see you and the Chiefs grow old together, while providing a needed hand to our offensive line. Your old team has not pursued you as hard as they should, but I will. Will you be my free agent?



With Thomas Jones and Jackie Battle both possibly leaving, I would be all alone with Jamaal Charles. Granted, Jamaal treats me great, but he wasn't around a lot last season. I don't want to feel that kind of pain again, and need a back up plan. You, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, can be that person. You're used to sharing time in New England, so why not share time with Charles here in KC? He's a great guy, and you two can help each other look good. You're one of the best in short yardage, and that means a lot to me. Will you be my free agent?


This last valentine is the hardest to decide. Like the final rose given on an episode of the Bachelor, I have a tinge of doubt. Should this valentine go to an offensive tackle? Probably, but I don't see any that are good enough to mend the broken heart of watching Barry Richardson start for the last two years. That's why I decided to give it to Sione Pouha. You can be our anchor Pouha, not letting people walk [run] all over us. I don't care if Aubrayo Franklin is also available, everyone pales in comparison to your defensive domination. Will you be my free agent?

Hopefully you found this post enjoyable and not as creepy as many did last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment